- Wood-look flooring. This isn’t new to 2019. Wood-look flooring in laminate, vinyl and ceramic tile has been hot for years now. In fact, it’s been the #1 flooring trend 2 years in a row now, with no end in sight.
- Waterproof flooring. For years, tile was really your only waterproof flooring option. But! It’s 2019 – that means you can now purchase waterproof vinyl, laminate and even carpet. This new feature is a dream for busy homeowners, families and pet owners.
- Textured flooring. Mimicking classic hardwood, you’ll see handscraped, wirebrushed and fully distressed floors in wood, laminate and more.
- Environmentally-responsible flooring. Beyond looks, in 2019, homeowners want to know where their floor came from. Using natural, renewable, recyclable and home-grown materials is huge right now.
- Blonde flooring. Don’t worry; gray is still big! Blonde is just also in and it’s making a huge splash. Light, airy, blonde flooring works with just about any decor and instantly makes your room look bigger.
Trends in Flooring Materials
Trends across hard surfaces (wood, tile, vinyl and laminate) are extremely consistent in 2019. Hard surface manufacturers continue to push towards replicating natural wood and stone flooring trends